DSE is currently offering weekly Members-Only Virtual Races. Here are the details:
- These weekly races are limited to Members Only. Members receive race details and a monthly newsletter by email.
- In a Virtual Race, participants run our suggested course or a similar course close to home on any day of the week.
- Members email name, age, gender, and results to email@example.com by 3pm Sunday each week. Results are published on our website.
- You can share photos and results on our Facebook Page (optional)
- You may run the course as many times as you like, but please only email one set of results each week to the designated race results preparer by 3pm Sunday.
- We suggest you wear a Garmin watch or use Strava on your phone to track your distance and time.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Mark Your Calendars!September 30 is the Volunteer Appreciation Picnic for volunteers who have earned at least 3 volunteer points this year. This year’s picnic is a luau theme. Get those ukuleles out!
Lake Merced Summer Series Come join us Thursday evenings, 6:30pm for the Lake Merced Summer Series. Race fees are $2 per race, or $10 for the entire summer series through the end of August. Cash only.
Unlimited GOLD membership option coming for 2019 Check out the membership page for details.
Newsletter To stay up to date on all the latest DSE news, check out our always awesome monthly Newsletter.
Here’s the July 2018 Issue.
Stanford Summer Research Study on Female Runners Paige Skorseth is helping to conduct a research study on the female athlete triad and iron deficiency through Stanford University’s Department of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery. Read the flyer that provides greater detail on the study, and forward to athletes or parents of athletes who would be interested in enrolling in the study. They are looking for high school aged, female distance runners (cross country, road racing, and/or 800 m and greater as primary track event).
Stanford Medicine Research Intern
E: email@example.com l T: 715-441-6921
The Lake Merced Summer Series starts June 7! The races are held every Thursday evening at 6:30pm, starting and finishing at the Sunset Blvd. parking lot at Lake Merced. Race fee is $2 per race, or $10 for unlimited access the entire summer. CASH ONLY. Exact change appreciated. Mark your calendars for June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5, 12, 19, 26, August 2, 9, 16, 23. A special thanks to Denise Leo for stepping up to continue this great summer tradition!
With 40+ DSE races annually, take the initiative to sign up as Race Directors and race day volunteers. See the Race Director Link and Volunteer Link to see which volunteer spots are open.
We love our Gala! Who will step up as Volunteer Coordinator for this awesome event? Contact Christine Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org for details (and mentoring!)
Want to help cheer on and hydrate all those brave Double Dipsea runners on Saturday, June 16? LOTS of volunteers are needed, and what a perfect way to earn 8 volunteer points all in one shot! Contact Jerry Flanagan at email@example.com.