DSE wants you to be a Race Director!
If you’re a DSE Member interested in serving as a Race Director for one of the open races in the schedule below, please contact Kevin Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Responsibilities & Benefits
- The Race Director is responsible for purchasing snacks in advance, printing out the race permit and membership roster, coordinating Race Day Volunteers, making race announcements, and announcing the Top 5 Men and Women.
- If it’s your first time, don’t worry! There are always regular volunteers and Board members there to help you out.
- Race Directors earn volunteer points based on race distance: (3 points for 1M, 5K, 4M races; 4 points for 4.5M, 8K, 10K races; 5 points for 12K and 10M races; 6 points for half marathon race)
- Race Directors also receive twelve (12) age division points, for a maximum of three (3) races directed in a calendar year.
- For a detailed list of Race Director duties, see the Race Director Checklist.
- See also, EMS Procedures for DSE Race Directors.