Find answers below to the most frequently asked questions.
- Q: Why do people come to DSE Sunday runs?
- A: DSE runs are a great way to meet new people and make ongoing friends while enjoying low-key (and inexpensive!) running races. Some runners race competitively but most are coming out for casual exercise and the company.
- Q: How do I register?
- A: Active.com pre-registration by Friday 9am or race day cash only registration between 8:10 am – 8:45 am unless noted.
- Q: How do I become a member?
- Go to this Membership Link
- Q: Where are the runs held?
- A: Most DSE runs are held in scenic areas of SF, the most popular being Golden Gate Park, Crissy Field/FortPoint Promenade, and Lake Merced. Other venues include Brisbane, San Bruno, and Pacifica. The schedule lists them all including detailed maps.
- Q: How much is race entry fee and club membership cost?
- A: Excluding DSE’s special events races, all Sunday races cost $5 for non-members and $3 for DSE members. Annual membership in DSE is $25 individual and $30 family. An instant $5 discount will apply, if opting for Electronic Newsletter instead of snail mail newsletter. For more club membership information, see our Membership page.
- Q: Who comes to DSE races?
- A: Race participants include runners in all age groups from young children to octogenarians. Self-timers who prefer to walk are also encouraged to participate.
- Q: How often are runs held?
- A: Races are held on most Sundays throughout the calendar year. The schedule lists all DSE races. DSE also volunteers or encourages its members to participate at the following non-DSE events: Kaiser-Permanente Half Marathon, Bay to Breakers 12K, and the SF Marathon.
- Q: Are there any awards?
- A: All race participants receive finishing ribbons noting the name and distance of the run. The top five men and women finishers receive placement ribbons for their performances.
- Q: How are the races so cheap?
- A: All races are low key club runs put on by members and other volunteers. It’s a viable alternative to the costly $50 – $100+ price tag races.
- Q: Can I help?
- A: The weekly DSE races are made possible by volunteers. Few if any other clubs hold so many races as DSE. See the volunteer opportunities available throughout the year on our Volunteer page.
- Q: How do I contact DSE?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DSE Runners
P.O. Box 210482
San Francisco, CA 94121-0482