Find answers below to the most frequently asked questions.
- Q: Why do people come to DSE Sunday runs?
- A: DSE runs are a great way to meet new people and make ongoing friends while enjoying low-key (and inexpensive!) running races. Some runners race competitively but most are coming out for casual exercise and the company.
- Q: How do I register?
- A: Active.com pre-registration by Friday 9am or race day registration between 8:10 am – 8:55 am unless noted.
- Q: How do I become a member?
- Print the membership form and send it to the address on the top of the form.
- Q: Where are the runs held?
- A: Most DSE runs are held in scenic areas of SF, the most popular being Golden Gate Park, Crissy Field/ft. Point Promenade, Aquatic Park, and Embarcadero. Other venues include Marin County, Pacifica, and Daly City. The schedule lists them all including detailed maps.
- Q: How much is race entry fee and club membership cost?
- A: Excluding DSE’s special events races, all Sunday races cost $5 for non-members and $3 for DSE members. Annual membership in DSE is $25 individual and $30 family. An instant $5 discount will apply, if opting for Electronic Newsletter instead of snail mail newsletter. For more club membership information, see Membership.
- Q: Who comes to DSE races?
- A: All 2006 DSE races have drawn 125 or more race participants. 20% of race participants are self-timers. Race participants include teens, college students and runners in all age categories. Kids’ Runs are scheduled once per month.
- Q: How often are runs held?
- A: Races are held on most Sundays throughout the calendar year. The schedule lists all DSE races. DSE also volunteers or encourages its members to participate at the following non-DSE events: Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon, Emerald Nut Across the Bay 12K, Bay to Breakers 12K, San Francisco Marathon, Bridge to Bridge 12K, The Relay, Run to the Far Side 5K/10K, Christmas Classic 5K.
- Q: Are there any awards?
- A: All race participants receive finishing ribbons noting the name and distance of the run. The top five men and women finishers receive placement ribbons for their performances.
- Q: How are the races so cheap?
- A: All races are low key club runs put on by members and other volunteers. It’s a viable alternative to the costly $25 – $45 price tag races.
- Q: Can I help?
- A: The weekly DSE races are made possible by volunteers. Few if any other clubs hold so many races as DSE. Volunteer activities include finish line timing and recording activities, Race Director positions, newsletter preparation and mailing, and more.
- Q: How do I contact DSE?
- A: Leave a voice mail message on the DSE Hotline: (415) 978-0837 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DSE Runners
P.O. Box 210482
San Francisco, CA 94121-0482