DSE hosts more than 40 races per year!
February – May 2015
Note: this is a revised course from previous years.
Complete a counter-clockwise loop transverse the lower level trail and upper levels of El Camino del Mar parking lot. Stay on Land’s End Trail that exits uphill onto the backside of the Legion of Honor parking lot. Run downhill on El Camino del Mar. Take lower fork at 30th Avenue staying on El Camino del Mar which merges into Lincoln Blvd. Left turn at Bowley, right into Baker Beach parking lot, right onto East Chamberlain Rd., run downhill thru entire lower parking lot, exit onto Baker Beach sand. Turnaround at vertical saw-off black vertical pole. Reverse directions, run back the same way to finish.
Two races in one! Join us for either a fast, downhill 1 mile race or a scenic 5K loop or both! Check-in for the 1 mile race is at John F. Kennedy Drive & 36th Avenue. Runners will walk/jog uphill to the start of the 1 mile race at Transverse Drive, then race downhill to the finish. Start time for the mile is 8:45am so be sure to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to allow enough time to check in and then make your way to the start about a mile away. The 5K will begin immediately after the completion of the 1 mile and will start/finish at JFK & 36th Avenue.
Registration for both races will be at John F. Kennedy Drive & 36th Avenue near Spreckles Lake.
- Start Time: 8:45 am
- Start Location: Kennedy Drive near Transverse
- Finish Location: Kennedy Drive near Spreckles Lake
- 1M Course Description: Run westbound (downhill) along Kennedy Drive from start to finish
- Start Time: After completion of 1-mile race.
- Start/Finish Location: Kennedy Drive/36th Avenue near Spreckles Lake
- 5K Course Description: Run eastbound on Kennedy Drive, right onto Transverse. right onto Middle Drive West, right onto Bernice Rogers Drive, right onto Kennedy Drive to finish near Spreckles Lake.
NW dirt area adjacent central “Great Meadows” Fort Mason lawn. S/F lines up with building and fire hydrant.
“Out & Back” – Complete .3 mile clockwise Ft. Mason “Great Meadows” loop, exit (westbound) onto Marina Blvd., right thru Yacht Harbour parking lot, onto Golden Gate Promenade Stay along path into Fort Point National Historic Site. Turnaround at end of parking lot and return same way to finish.
Follow our DSE teams as they run The Golden Gate Relay