DSE hosts more than 40 races per year!
Please note that our races are always subject to change throughout the year; please confirm race details the week prior on the race web-page.
It’s time to give back to Golden Gate Park, the urban oasis that we love!
A DSE Runners Habitat Restoration Party is scheduled for Saturday September 14 from 9:00am-12:00pm at Murphy’s Windmill on MLK Drive in GG Park (near 48th Ave & Lincoln Way).
Equipment and snacks will be provided. All are welcome to join the party!
The next general meeting will be at Spreckel’s Lake following the 5K and Kids Run. About 10:15-11:15am
Two races in one! Join us for either a fast, downhill 1 mile race or a scenic 5K loop or both! Registration for both races is at John F. Kennedy Drive & 36th Avenue. Runners will walk/jog uphill to the start of the 1 mile race at Transverse Drive, then race downhill to the finish. Start time for the 1 mile race is 8:45am so be sure to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to allow enough time to check in and then make your way to the start about a mile away.
- Start Time: 8:45 am
- Start Location: Kennedy Drive near Transverse
- Finish Location: Kennedy Drive near Spreckles Lake
- 1M Course Description: Run westbound (downhill) along Kennedy Dr from start to finish
- Start Time: After completion of 1-mile race.
- Start/Finish Location: Kennedy Drive/36th Avenue near Spreckles Lake
- 5K Course Description: Run westbound on Kennedy Dr, left onto Chain of Lakes Dr, left onto MLK Jr. Dr, left onto Transverse Dr, left onto Kennedy Dr to finish near Spreckles Lake.
Registration for both races will be at John F. Kennedy Drive & 36th Avenue near Spreckles Lake.
*Kids Run begins after completion of the 5K race.
1-Mile Race Course Map
5K Race Course Map
Volunteer picnic: Woodstock theme picnic will be held at a new location this year, Hellman Hollow (formerly Speedway Meadows) across from the concrete/brick restroom. Get your 3 volunteer points completed by Sept 1 to earn an invitation!