DSE hosts more than 40 races per year!
Please note that our races are always subject to change throughout the year; please confirm race details the week prior on the race web-page.
November 2018 – September 2019
* Due to unhealthy air quality from the fires, we regret that we need to CANCEL our November 11 races. Our thoughts are with everyone affected by the fires.*
Flat, fast and scenic out/back courses. Both courses are paved and closed to traffic, following the Bay Trail along the waterfront.
Both the 10M and 5K start at 9:00am. Both courses close at 11:30 am.
10M Course Description & Map
Run southbound on paved Bay Trail, past Oyster Point, Genentech, and Point San Bruno to the turnaround. Return same way to finish. There will be an aid station located at approximately 3.5M and 7M. USATF Certified #CA12024TK.
5K Course Description & Map
Run southbound on paved Bay Trail towards Oyster Point to the turnaround prior to Oyster Point Marina. Return same way to finish. USATF Certified #CA12025TK.
Two races in one! Join us for either a fast, downhill 1 mile race or a scenic 5K loop or both! Registration for both races is at John F. Kennedy Drive & 36th Avenue. Runners will walk/jog uphill to the start of the 1 mile race at Transverse Drive, then race downhill to the finish. Start time for the 1 mile race is 8:45am so be sure to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to allow enough time to check in and then make your way to the start about a mile away.
- Start Time: 8:45 am
- Start Location: Kennedy Drive near Transverse
- Finish Location: Kennedy Drive near Spreckles Lake
- 1M Course Description: Run westbound (downhill) along Kennedy Dr from start to finish
- Start Time: After completion of 1-mile race.
- Start/Finish Location: Kennedy Drive/36th Avenue near Spreckles Lake
- 5K Course Description: Run westbound on Kennedy Dr, left onto Chain of Lakes Dr, left onto MLK Jr. Dr, left onto Transverse Dr, left onto Kennedy Dr to finish near Spreckles Lake.
Registration for both races will be at John F. Kennedy Drive & 36th Avenue near Spreckles Lake.
*Kids Run begins after completion of the 5K race.