Total age division points DSE members have accumulated so far.
Effective with the first race of 2010, age division points will be tabulated as follows:
- The first person in the age division will receive 10 points, second 9 points, etc. down to tenth place which will be 1 point.
- ONLY DSE members will be awarded points. This is a modification from the original scoring system. Therefore, even if a DSE member actually finishes third in their division at a particular race, if they are the first club member they will still be awarded 10 points.
- A Race Director receives twelve (12) age division points for a maximum of three races directed in a calendar year. See additional benefits for Race Directors.
- In order to receive an age division award, the following criteria must be met:
- Active DSE membership (dues paid)
- Must run (not self-time) in a minimum of 10 races for the year
- Must earn at least three (3) volunteer points for the year
- The age division points will be updated and posted to the website on a weekly basis.
- For those individuals who join DSE after January 1, their age division points will be tracked from the time their membership takes effect. Points will not be awarded retroactively.
- As per current procedures, the Double Dipsea and Lake Merced Summer Evening races will not be counted towards age division points scoring.
- As per current procedures, June 30/July 1 will remain the cutoff dates for runners who move to a new age division. If the birthday is on or prior to June 30, then all accrued points will be moved to the new age division and the runner will be scored in their new division for the remainder of the year. If the birthday is on or after July 1, then the runner will continue to be scored in their old division through year end.
Age division standings are usually updated within 48 hours after each race, depending on the availability of overall race results. Please direct any questions regarding age division points to Janet Nissenson at jLnissenson@aol.com.