2012 AGE DIVISION WINNERS |
2012 TOP 5 AND MONGO WINNERS
DSE offers a number of opportunities for its members and race participants to receive awards.
- Weekly Races.
- Each participant, including self-timers, receives a race ribbon. Additional ribbons are awarded to the Top 5 Overall Male and Female finishers in each race. Due to the small number of race participants, and our hand-scoring system, we do not currently present age-division awards at the majority of our races. We expect to present age-division awards at the following 2006 races: Waterfront 10M, DSE 40th Anniversary 5K, Double Dipsea, and Lake Merced Half Marathon.
- Age Division Awards (see Age Division Awards for details and qualifications). These are presented at the annual Gala Dinner.
- “Mongo” Trophies. We’re not quire sure where this particular term originated from but it seems to have stuck. These trophies – large and small – can be earned by DSE members by meeting the criteria outlined below. Points Reporting forms become available in December (both in the newsletter and on the website) and are due in by the first week of January. Qualified recipients have the choice of receiving a trophy, a certificate, or no award.
- Small Mongo Trophy qualifications are: 250 miles run/walked, and participation in at least 10 DSE runs (participation either by running/walking or volunteering). Must also contribute a minimum of two hours of volunteer work to the club.
- Large Mongo Trophy qualifications are: 750 miles run/walked and participation in at least 20 DSE runs (participation either by running/walking or volunteering). Must also contribute a minimum of four hours of volunteer work to the club.
- Volunteer hours referenced above must be earned at an official DSE race or event. DSE officers, operations committee members, or coordinators automatically fulfill their volunteer requirement. Volunteering at the aid stations at the Kaiser Half Marathon or SF Marathon does not count towards this requirement.
- If a member does not meet the volunteer requirements but does meet all other requirements, then they will be issued a certificate but not a trophy. This will also apply to members who may qualify for the Top 5 awards listed just below.
- Top 5 Awards. Presented in the following categories, male and female: 1) DSE Race Attendance (either as a runner/self-timer or as a volunteer, but not both at the same race); 2) Total Racing Miles (includes DSE and non-DSE races); 3) Total Miles Run/Walked (includes race miles); 4) Total Top 5 Place Points accrued at DSE races.
- Volunteer Awards. Presented to the five individuals who have volunteered at the most events during the year.
- Hall of Fame Award. Presented to one individual annually who has served the club in past years.
- Walt Stack Award. Presented to one member each year who has gone above and beyond the call of duty for the club. The recipient of this award is determined by the current officers but suggestions are welcome.