Join current and former DSE members for a 5K race at Crissy Field to celebrate the club’s 50th Anniversary. In addition to our signature low-key atmosphere, friendly volunteers, and post-race snacks, registration for this special event will include a commemorative 50th Anniversary tech shirt and finisher medal.
- All race participants will receive a commemorative 50th Anniversary tech shirt included in the registration fee.
- Shirts are only guaranteed to those who pre-register by April 15!
- The brand is Expert (same as the 2014 and 2015 Double Dipsea tech shirts) and will be available in your choice of Men’s (unisex) crew neck or women’s v-neck in a variety of sizes from XXS to XXL
- View sizing guide for reference when selecting your size, but note that not all sizes listed in this chart will be available.
- Shirts are 100% polyester and shrink when washed in hot water and dried in a hot drier.
- There will be a limited number of shirts for sale on race day, as well as other commemorative merchandise, but we cannot guarantee size or availability for those that do not pre-order.
Saturday, May 21, 2016
Presidio Sports Basement, Back Country Area
11 am – 3 pm
To ease the burden on our volunteers on race morning, runners are encouraged to pick up their bibs and shirts on Saturday. Please make sure to carpool, rideshare, or ride your bike as there will be limited parking at Sports Basement. Please park in the back lot or the East Beach parking lot.
If you do not attend packet pickup on Saturday, please allow extra time on race morning to pick up your bib before the race starts promptly at 9 am. Runners will receive their finisher medals after crossing the finish line. Please note that due to the logistic of this special event, there will be no race day registration.
All attendees are also encouraged to wear their favorite DSE (or Double Dipsea) T-shirt, sweatshirt, hat, shorts, etc. We want to see a whole lot of yellow out there on race day!
We encourage members to bring along any DSE memorabilia that you might have saved over the years to share with everyone – i.e. photos, trophies, etc. We will have a collection of old DSE newsletters for you to look over, photos, etc.
In addition to our regular post-race refreshments of fresh fruit, chips/pretzels, and cookies, members are encouraged bring along their favorite snacks–cookies, brownies, muffins, etc–to share with others. Homemade, store bought, we aren’t fussy so long as it’s yummy! What will be the most sought-after treat – Fred Haber’s famous chocolate chip cookies, or Janet Nissenson’s legendary coffee cake?
As always, we can’t put on these events without lots of volunteers, and this one is no exception. We need volunteers to assist at the following: Stuffing packets on Friday at Sports Basement, Saturday packet pick-up at Sports Basement, race day packet pick-up, traffic/parking control, course monitors, finish line timing/stringing, handing out finisher medals, refreshments, selling logo apparel, manning the memorabilia table. If you can help with any of these jobs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
Run west along Golden Gate Promenade towards Fort Point. Turn around at orange cones and run on the other side of the Warming Hut along West Bluff and Mason Street. Turn left at the diagonal towards the beach and make the first right, then a left onto Old Mason Street and then another left towards the beach. Finally, turn right and run back along Golden Gate Promenade to finish.
Comments are closed.